Flood Related Web Links
- Low Water Crossing Video and Quiz
by National Weather Service
- National Flood Proofing Committee online flood-proofing publications
by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- Natural Hazards Center at the University of Colorado, Boulder.
Research, conference summaries, and publications.
- Hurricane Flooding: A Deadly Inland Danger by NWS
Information about the hazards of inland flooding from hurricanes.
- Coping With Floods
by North Dakota State University Extension Service
Fact sheets for dealing with floods before and after. Good tips about common concerns and clean-up.
- Flood Survival and Recovery Fact Sheets
by Kansas State University Research and Extension
Fact sheets for dealing with the aftermath of a flood. Includes food and health issues, farming in the wake of a flood, and clean-up.
- Hurricane Response: Storm and Flood Cleanup
frm the National Institute for Occupational Health and Safety
- Say, what is a 100-year flood? and Why do we have so many of them?
by J. David Rogers
Definition of what a 100-year flood is and what it means to Californians.
Back to Top ^
- IWIN: Interactive Weather Information Network
by U.S. National Weather Service
Local and national weather, warnings, and reports. Also has animated versions of graphics and weather videos.
- NOAA: National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration
Current weather, image libraries, weather data, climate data, space weather, research, maps and charts, and ocean-related information.
- NCDC: National Climactic Data Center
The world's largest active archive of weather data.
- Project SafeSide Weather Safety
by The Weather Channel and the American Red Cross
Preparation information about severe weather and natural disaster safety.
- Billion Dollar U.S. Weather Disasters, 1980-2007
Severe weather events that have had the greatest economic impact since 1980.